Skip to main content

Where to from here?

I have been at my current workplace ever since Oct 2000. With the constant juggling of trying to strike a balance, what I now know is enough to tell my kids to change jobs every 4 years. The rest of the wisdom may or may not be applicable to them.
 
What I learnt for myself is:
  • Don't ever get comfortable being in one place unless that's where you want to be till you retire.
  • Make a conscious decision to pursue what you want and learn to live with the consequences of your choice.
  • Making friends through life helps. A LOT! At work too, you need friends to get you through those rough phases and of course to enjoy those good moments too.
  • Follow your heart. But make sure your head is in the right place before you let your heart take the reins.
  • Make your own mistakes. Don't make mine or someone else's. If you do happen to do so, well I told you so. Now you know! (Typical immature selfish me speaking here!)
  • Do what you love to do and make it pay for you.
  • Most of all, be you. No one can take you away from you unless you let them. Change for the better always.
(Blogging is not a remedy for chasing drowsiness away).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disturbing

Yesterday my daughter 6 had a bad day at school, thanks to 2 incidents that she never expected to happen to her. In the first one, the teacher denied her request to go to the bathroom thrice. She landed up wetting herself and staying in the soiled clothes till she came home. The next incident makes me wonder at the teacher's ability to handle students. I do understand that every teacher is a human being first, and goes through a whole taxing process of handling multiple issues as best possible, trying to balance expectations and delivering the education that needs to reach young minds. So I really do understand why a teacher could snap. Young kids aren't easy to teach. So what's a teacher's reason to whack a kid who is not a troublemaker?

Water babe

Well I'm not a water babe. I love the water but haven't learnt to swim till I signed up for the swimming classes last week. Since then I've learnt to bubble when under water, hold my breath and become a mushroom (weird thing to call the posture), float on water with head in water and now trying to learn to propel myself forward using my hands and feet. Coach Vidya also is trying to get us get over our fear for deep waters by making us straight jump into 10 feet water and come up by cycling (I call it kicking because I do seem to kick more than cycle) and try to stay afloat. Fear of water is slowly going away. I guess I'll be really happy when I've actually learnt to swim without breaks and increased stamina considerably to become an amateur swimmer. In the meantime, if I lose inches waist below and lose all those extra kgs I've accumulated over a period of 5 years, all the better. Noticed that I sleep better now. Don't mind the tan. Got a cream to take care ...