Thursday, November 11, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
Nokia E72 is a nice toy to fill in all those hours when I don’t know what to do with myself. Especially when the power’s gone, all the world’s asleep and I’ve woken up again for the umpteenth time. Thanks to BV telling me about a few apps. Apps downloaded till date are KJV Go Bible, Google, Fring, NGPay, ICICI Bank, Google Maps, Ovi Mail and latest one being Sports Tracker.
- KJV Go Bible is neat enough. I wish there was something like this for books in general.
- Google helps even with voice. Tested it a few times. Get a kick out of seeing the phone show a circular ring to show it’s processing my voice :)
- Fring – well! If you see me online late night on messenger, know that I’m in bed and chatting.
- NGPay – checked it out. Not had a chance to book or buy anything online using this.
- ICICI Bank – app worked great initially when I installed it. Now it’s gone to app heaven. RIP ICICI.
- Google Maps – same fate as ICICI Bank
- Ovi Mail – installed a few days before sports tracker. I know it works. Just that I’m too lazy to shift all contacts to this.
- Sports Tracker – will test it out this evening. If it is as good as what BV told me, he’s in for a treat.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
I have to write this down else I’m going to forget I ever wanted it :)
- Books – plenty of them and mostly fiction though I’m not averse to non-fiction. Seen them on Barnes and Noble and then again on Flipkart and Landmarkonthenet and so many other online stores. I think I’ll have to create a ‘Buy Books’ fund. Besides the Eragon series, Twilight seems like a probable next in line to buy. Percy Jackson or Percy something too. It’s Complicated looks like an interesting read.
- Talking about funds, travel fund has been on the list for a long time. But nothing’s come of it yet. A fund to save up and spend on a lonesome ownsome vacation once a year. A trip to Jaipur, Nepal, Himalayas, Leh, Mauritius, Australia, Miami (just for the beach), Scotland, and so many more.
- Shoes – a pair to just loaf around in, a pair for those I’ve got through sit through this boring events, a pair that’d match every outfit in my wardrobe and a pair that I’d love to slip on anytime and walk for the sheer pleasure of wearing them
- Earrings – developed a liking for them recently – from anytime wear to match-the-outfit or occasion kinds. Need a decent pair of earrings for the office. Gold earrings are strict no no’s.
- Music – I never can do without this. I guess another fund for this too. Even though I can download most of the music that I want, I’d still like to have all those singers and music I like listening to on CDs or DVDs or whichever latest fashionable way of storing
- The one thing that I don’t require a fund for :) – Lose inches. And keep those lost inches off my frame. Step 1 in that direction has begun 2 days ago. Day 3 today and I’m looking forward to that time.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Echoing Garfield when I say this ‘I HATE MONDAYS!’. Though at work everyday seems like a Monday.
The weekend has not gone off well. The AI crash at Mangalore airport on Saturday morning was a shocker. It’s difficult not to think about it. Thankful for the uninterrupted television viewing on Sunday evening. Watched ‘Twilight’. Heard about the book series. Got to buy the set for myself now. Waiting for Shrutgal too so that I can buy that and Brisingr to complete my Eragon collection. Current read is Paths of Glory by Jeffrey Archer.
A week now till school re-opens. Still haven’t got Joel’s new uniform in place. Leah still has time till next June. Heard about ABACUS which is supposed to make 0-4 year kids geniuses. I wonder how they manage to do that. Really weird. And what would Mangalore do with so many wonder kids.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Been in a state of limbo for quite some time now. Didn’t know whether I was going or coming. Couldn’t decide about a few situations and things. I’m not sure if I’m out of it yet, but I hope there’s better days ahead. Been cleaning up my web presence on social networking sites. Those I would like to stay in touch with feature on those sites now. If I can’t, then out they go without a thought. No regrets there since I know where I’ll be able to find them if I ever need them :). Effects of this are seen at my workplace too. My communicator list has zero contacts on it. Slowly edging towards removing the extras from my workplace too. By this month end, library should have a new look (big time hope provided I don’t get lazy about it).
Wanted to tell you 2 things today. Someday when you read this I hope it makes sense.
If ever you two wonder whether you were adopted. The answer is no :). I used to wonder about me being adopted and then I hoped I was adopted (still do sometimes lol). But no, I’m not adopted. And neither are both of you. You are very much a part of me.
The other thing I wanted to tell you is that every day you learn something new. It’s a process we all go through. And then there are days we have a reminder or have to re-learn something which we’ve either forgotten or didn’t care to pay attention to. The moment you realize you’ve had to learn or re-learn, be thankful becoz that’s one big huge blessing. How and why? I don’t have the answers to these bits. However, do know this that although it may not help you solve the issue or problem you face, you have been equipped with the mind, heart and soul to deal with life and all it throws at you. Don’t forget to thank God for this big time.
(( Love you both ))
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Got this pic today from Deep. Remembered her wedding reception in Mumbai and the reception here in Mangalore once again. Miss you Deep. Have a real good solid married life together with Lovy :)
From L to R: Veena Bhat, Anuja, Sachin, Lovy, Deep, Thanuja & Stuti, Leah and Joel with me, Nitish (at the back) and Jeethy
Monday, February 08, 2010
Monday, February 01, 2010
Ideals icecreams are famous in Mangalore and then they became famous world over. Thanks to the Mangalorean word of mouth.
@ Work: 2 days of continuous stock checking and adding certification manuals to the library system has got me feeling like a brainless idiot. Tried keeping the local FM stations on just to get me going through the day. Hope to have some music playing when I can here.
Heard that Lourdes is charging 25k this year as donation for KG - 1. That’s quite a shocker for me since I paid 10k lesser for Joel’s admissions. Pantry discussions included fees and donations during the good old days to what it would be like for the current set and next set of kids. Talking about hikes, milk prices increased by Rs. 3 a packet. I dread what that’s going to do to all the those lovely pastries and ice creams I enjoy every other day. I don’t take milk in any other form. :(
2 days ago, I could have had a fracture while riding to work and I could have lost my eye while heating some food at home. I don’t mind staying away from the cooking. But I definitely don’t want to stop riding. The one thing that I still hope to enjoy till I can. Maybe I should take those near accidents as signs of leaving stock checks to others :)
@ Home: Amrith’s failed his driving tests twice by 2 marks each time. God bless him when he gets through and gets his license. Joel’s become very ‘chipku’ to me. Every afternoon is a heart wrenching explanation time to a tearful Joel about why I have to go to work and can’t stay at home. Leah’s not too bothered. It’s usually her time to take an afternoon nap is pretty happy to be in bed with Nanna.
Thethu has topped her class again this semester. She’s also got a scholarship from some Agnesian Old Students group situated in… um.. I don’t remember. Either way, she’s got some extra cash which I hope she puts to good use instead of blowing it on her friends. Vivek’s big box of chocolates are still sitting in the fridge upstairs. Too lazy to go up and have one every afternoon. Nice place to store them. Thethu doesn’t eat them and I’m too lazy to touch them.