Skip to main content

My wishlist

I have to write this down else I’m going to forget I ever wanted it :)

 

-          Books – plenty of them and mostly fiction though I’m not averse to non-fiction. Seen them on Barnes and Noble and then again on Flipkart and Landmarkonthenet and so many other online stores. I think I’ll have to create a ‘Buy Books’ fund. Besides the Eragon series, Twilight seems like a probable next in line to buy. Percy Jackson or Percy something too. It’s Complicated looks like an interesting read.

-          Talking about funds, travel fund has been on the list for a long time. But nothing’s come of it yet. A fund to save up and spend on a lonesome ownsome vacation once a year. A trip to Jaipur, Nepal, Himalayas, Leh, Mauritius, Australia, Miami (just for the beach), Scotland, and so many more.

-          Shoes – a pair to just loaf around in, a pair for those I’ve got through sit through this boring events, a pair that’d match every outfit in my wardrobe and a pair that I’d love to slip on anytime and walk for the sheer pleasure of wearing them

-          Earrings – developed a liking for them recently – from anytime wear to match-the-outfit or occasion kinds. Need a decent pair of earrings for the office. Gold earrings are strict no no’s.

-          Music – I never can do without this. I guess another fund for this too. Even though I can download most of the music that I want, I’d still like to have all those singers and music I like listening to on CDs or DVDs or whichever latest fashionable way of storing

-          The one thing that I don’t require a fund for :) – Lose inches. And keep those lost inches off my frame. Step 1 in that direction has begun 2 days ago. Day 3 today and I’m looking forward to that time.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 years

Didn't actually realise that it was 5 years since I last used this space. To capture moments and the essence of these years, at the moment, looks like a huge task. Let's see .. - my parents are older, - new relationships appear, a few relationships gone cold, - my children are no more babies (though they loved being called 'my babies' :-)), - role change at work but not much difference in what I do, - the urge to get away from routine is stronger, - I have a new phone (yes, again. This one gifted to me though), - more reading on gadgets than books and paper, - discovering things to do with what most of us would consider waste - meet ups and reunions - more birthdays and occassions to remember - trying to balance virtual social and professional networks (sorry state I've reached) - I became an aunt to the 2 of the most cute little boys, godmother to one of them - Facebook has a way of reminding you what you did in your past years. So happy it is not a c

Achy breaky heart

Memories are a blessing and a curse. It's natural to shy away from the bad ones. When a happy one gets tainted, that's a bit difficult to digest. Then, there are the people associated with a memory or form a part of it. Thankful for aches. I'm still living ☺