Skip to main content

Death is inevitable

Since I'd taken an off from work on Friday, 10th August, 2007, I was able to do justice to going between Manipal and Urwa for 3 whole days.

Friday morning drove to the hospital along with dad, mom and Joel. I stayed back at the hospital till evening after sending Joel with dad & mom back to Urwa. That night reached home around 10 pm

Saturday was spent in buying rations for home in Udupi and a few hours at the hospital. With the Big Bazaar having a discount sale going on from 11th to 15th August, the Udupi joint that had recently opened up is packed from afternoon onwards. Thanks to Amrith, we managed to get a few more things for the house. Reached hom at 9 pm.

Sunday, had to pick up Ajit from the airport. His flight - Air Deccan was delayed by about an hour. We drove to Udupi and then to the hospital after he had a meal and freshened up. That night decided to stay back in Udupi since Acha's operation had been scheduled on the following day.

While driving back with Amrith, Joe and Kala, we witnessed an accident of 2 bikes colliding into each other. I'm still not clear as to how it happened. All I remember is that one guy seemed very hurt from the accident with his leg twisted at an odd angle at his knee, a trickle of blood from his mouth and a little pulsing movement by his whole body. I felt so helpless to see him and not be able to do anything to ease his pain or provide the necessary first aid treatment.

There was a doc close by who helped take the 2 critically injured guys to the hospital. Came to know this morning that the guy I saw died due to delayed medical treatment.

I know that death will come and visit me one day. Before that day arrives I'd like to finish a few things and be prepared to meet it with open arms.

1. See that Joel is well equipped and able to stand on his own feet
2. Do a course in paramedics and never feel so helpless again
3. Acknowledge that God is the only one who is the giver of life. And to Him I must return with willingness and with my 'talents' used.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Achy breaky heart

Memories are a blessing and a curse. It's natural to shy away from the bad ones. When a happy one gets tainted, that's a bit difficult to digest. Then, there are the people associated with a memory or form a part of it. Thankful for aches. I'm still living ☺

5 years

Didn't actually realise that it was 5 years since I last used this space. To capture moments and the essence of these years, at the moment, looks like a huge task. Let's see .. - my parents are older, - new relationships appear, a few relationships gone cold, - my children are no more babies (though they loved being called 'my babies' :-)), - role change at work but not much difference in what I do, - the urge to get away from routine is stronger, - I have a new phone (yes, again. This one gifted to me though), - more reading on gadgets than books and paper, - discovering things to do with what most of us would consider waste - meet ups and reunions - more birthdays and occassions to remember - trying to balance virtual social and professional networks (sorry state I've reached) - I became an aunt to the 2 of the most cute little boys, godmother to one of them - Facebook has a way of reminding you what you did in your past years. So happy it is not a c

Do I or do I not?

Been thinking about whether I should give up the one I love most or not. Haven’t decided yet. Not an easy decision to make. How did I reach this stage? I’m tired of being plagued by these crazy, irritating, bugging and stupid thoughts that just jump out of nowhere and steal my peace.   On the pregnancy front, met doc last evening. She’s asked me to get my ultrasound done sooner than later i.e. by 30 th September. A physician check too ordered after Monday’s bout of 2 hours of feeling faint and out of sorts. The weather sucks. The heat’s making me feel more miserable. My back aches more often than not. I’m one kg less than what I weighed finally when I was carrying Joel. The thought of putting on any more scares me more than anything else. This baby’s definitely a boy going by the way it’s been kicking and trying to play football inside. The bright side of this visit was that the doc said I’m due on 18 th instead of 20 th Nov. Now that cheers me up immensely since I want to have t