Skip to main content

In a jiffy

Been away for such a long time. And now when I'm finally sitting at this comp, my mind's gone blank. Starting with what comes to my mind first. Leah :)
Giving birth to Leah in Nov was a total surprise. Had prepared myself for another son. Leah was a cute little surprise. Never thought that life could be any more interesting with a baby. It is with her. She's 3 months old now and can recognise the folks around her. I realised that this morning since she kept staring at dad and didn't smile at him. Not even once. But the moment she saw me, her face lit up. Oh well! here comes another baby who's going to cling to me till she knows she can happily be on her own with confidence. Until then, lots of hand holding to do. She loves watching Joel. And got to start blogging about this baby girl once I get my net connection at home.
In the meanwhile, Amrith left to Abu Dhabi in Dec. He got just 20 days with Leah. So much for trying to live together as a family.
Moved into our flat on Jan 11th - Happy Wedding Anniversary to me. Spent the day just trying to organize my room. The mess it was that day is considerably less. Now it's just one suitcase to put away. Don't know when I'm going to get around to that.
Life is ok. And not ok. Miss having Amrith around. Since the hurried christening of Leah, I've been on my toes doing a whole lot of jobs - things that were normally shared between us are now on my shoulders. Who said growing up or being the grown up was 'it'? I'd rather be the 5 year old who still believes in Santa Claus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Achy breaky heart

Memories are a blessing and a curse. It's natural to shy away from the bad ones. When a happy one gets tainted, that's a bit difficult to digest. Then, there are the people associated with a memory or form a part of it. Thankful for aches. I'm still living ☺

5 years

Didn't actually realise that it was 5 years since I last used this space. To capture moments and the essence of these years, at the moment, looks like a huge task. Let's see .. - my parents are older, - new relationships appear, a few relationships gone cold, - my children are no more babies (though they loved being called 'my babies' :-)), - role change at work but not much difference in what I do, - the urge to get away from routine is stronger, - I have a new phone (yes, again. This one gifted to me though), - more reading on gadgets than books and paper, - discovering things to do with what most of us would consider waste - meet ups and reunions - more birthdays and occassions to remember - trying to balance virtual social and professional networks (sorry state I've reached) - I became an aunt to the 2 of the most cute little boys, godmother to one of them - Facebook has a way of reminding you what you did in your past years. So happy it is not a c