Skip to main content

My wishlist

I have to write this down else I’m going to forget I ever wanted it :)

 

-          Books – plenty of them and mostly fiction though I’m not averse to non-fiction. Seen them on Barnes and Noble and then again on Flipkart and Landmarkonthenet and so many other online stores. I think I’ll have to create a ‘Buy Books’ fund. Besides the Eragon series, Twilight seems like a probable next in line to buy. Percy Jackson or Percy something too. It’s Complicated looks like an interesting read.

-          Talking about funds, travel fund has been on the list for a long time. But nothing’s come of it yet. A fund to save up and spend on a lonesome ownsome vacation once a year. A trip to Jaipur, Nepal, Himalayas, Leh, Mauritius, Australia, Miami (just for the beach), Scotland, and so many more.

-          Shoes – a pair to just loaf around in, a pair for those I’ve got through sit through this boring events, a pair that’d match every outfit in my wardrobe and a pair that I’d love to slip on anytime and walk for the sheer pleasure of wearing them

-          Earrings – developed a liking for them recently – from anytime wear to match-the-outfit or occasion kinds. Need a decent pair of earrings for the office. Gold earrings are strict no no’s.

-          Music – I never can do without this. I guess another fund for this too. Even though I can download most of the music that I want, I’d still like to have all those singers and music I like listening to on CDs or DVDs or whichever latest fashionable way of storing

-          The one thing that I don’t require a fund for :) – Lose inches. And keep those lost inches off my frame. Step 1 in that direction has begun 2 days ago. Day 3 today and I’m looking forward to that time.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water babe

Well I'm not a water babe. I love the water but haven't learnt to swim till I signed up for the swimming classes last week. Since then I've learnt to bubble when under water, hold my breath and become a mushroom (weird thing to call the posture), float on water with head in water and now trying to learn to propel myself forward using my hands and feet. Coach Vidya also is trying to get us get over our fear for deep waters by making us straight jump into 10 feet water and come up by cycling (I call it kicking because I do seem to kick more than cycle) and try to stay afloat. Fear of water is slowly going away. I guess I'll be really happy when I've actually learnt to swim without breaks and increased stamina considerably to become an amateur swimmer. In the meantime, if I lose inches waist below and lose all those extra kgs I've accumulated over a period of 5 years, all the better. Noticed that I sleep better now. Don't mind the tan. Got a cream to take care ...

Disturbing

Yesterday my daughter 6 had a bad day at school, thanks to 2 incidents that she never expected to happen to her. In the first one, the teacher denied her request to go to the bathroom thrice. She landed up wetting herself and staying in the soiled clothes till she came home. The next incident makes me wonder at the teacher's ability to handle students. I do understand that every teacher is a human being first, and goes through a whole taxing process of handling multiple issues as best possible, trying to balance expectations and delivering the education that needs to reach young minds. So I really do understand why a teacher could snap. Young kids aren't easy to teach. So what's a teacher's reason to whack a kid who is not a troublemaker?