Skip to main content

Break Tiiiiiiyme

@ Work:

I’ve planned my work for 3 days to just do 3 things

  • Complete evaluation of the test that was conducted on Nov 29th along with posting of result to schools
  • Add all those attractive books and journals sitting on my desk and in the cupboards to the library system. Publish them to the junta at office
  • Get to up to speed with the new training and learning enabler system and stop cribbing about it being on SAP

With no pals to hang around with, I’m becoming a workaholic. Thankfully gtalk is not yet blocked on the network. A virtual social life is better than none.

@ Home:

- Thethu still has exams going on. Waiting for her to finish and then do something useful with herself. It’ll help keep her temper and tongue in check :)

- Leah’s learnt to scream that high pitched scream. I’m thankful I’m not at home when she gets into her screaming fits

- Joel finally got his school identity card. It looks real neat. Sigh! My baby boy’s looking so grown up with that tag around his neck.

@ Neither of these places:

- I wish for lots of music CDs and all those songs I used to love listening to but just don’t have the time or can’t get my hands on to. Grooveshark’s nice but then I can’t sit at the comp at home for more than 10 minutes in a week.

- I wish for meeting old friends and catching up on their lives. Miss the agnesangels. Facebook and Orkut helps but not much.

- I wish for plenty of gifts that will make me smile every time I see them. (Santa are you listening?)

- I wish for no more heart aches

- I wish for good health to every kid born and yet to be born

- I wish for … sigh! This wish list is never going to end :)

Comments

Rashmi said…
- I wish for … sigh! This wish list is never going to end :)
=> So so so very true :)

Popular posts from this blog

Water babe

Well I'm not a water babe. I love the water but haven't learnt to swim till I signed up for the swimming classes last week. Since then I've learnt to bubble when under water, hold my breath and become a mushroom (weird thing to call the posture), float on water with head in water and now trying to learn to propel myself forward using my hands and feet. Coach Vidya also is trying to get us get over our fear for deep waters by making us straight jump into 10 feet water and come up by cycling (I call it kicking because I do seem to kick more than cycle) and try to stay afloat. Fear of water is slowly going away. I guess I'll be really happy when I've actually learnt to swim without breaks and increased stamina considerably to become an amateur swimmer. In the meantime, if I lose inches waist below and lose all those extra kgs I've accumulated over a period of 5 years, all the better. Noticed that I sleep better now. Don't mind the tan. Got a cream to take care ...

Disturbing

Yesterday my daughter 6 had a bad day at school, thanks to 2 incidents that she never expected to happen to her. In the first one, the teacher denied her request to go to the bathroom thrice. She landed up wetting herself and staying in the soiled clothes till she came home. The next incident makes me wonder at the teacher's ability to handle students. I do understand that every teacher is a human being first, and goes through a whole taxing process of handling multiple issues as best possible, trying to balance expectations and delivering the education that needs to reach young minds. So I really do understand why a teacher could snap. Young kids aren't easy to teach. So what's a teacher's reason to whack a kid who is not a troublemaker?