Skip to main content

A few more people

I finally got to meet a Friendorama pal - Ganesh. Not what i expected. Blame it on a pic he'd kept as his visual on google talk. He was kind enough to drop me off to office all the way from Madivala. Heck! next time I'll learn to stock up my pockets with a little more cash.

Met AK too. He's put on a bit more 'fat' since I last saw him. Limited time with friends is a curse. Next time I shall make sure I'm out on my own so that I can do justice to all the people that I'd like to meet up with.

I've said goodbye to Friendorama but not without meeting 3 people there. Ganesh, of course, is the first on the list. The others are Brad - in an events management company and Anthony - into HR and head hunting. Let's see how these relationships grow. I sure hope I have these guys as good friends for life.

The good part about Bangalore:
- I got to buy 3 pairs of chappals for Rs. 300. I'm glad. I'm wearing one pair today and they are a real treat for my feet.
- Met AK after a very long time. Hoping to see his little baby once he/she is born
- Loved walking around Commercial on my own. Never will set foot there again unless I need another 3 pairs of footwear :)

The bad part about Bangalore:
- I still don't like the water
- The place still makes me feel sick and yucky
- The place is still as artificial as ever
- Please don't let me drive around that place. I'd rather walk or let someone else do the driving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water babe

Well I'm not a water babe. I love the water but haven't learnt to swim till I signed up for the swimming classes last week. Since then I've learnt to bubble when under water, hold my breath and become a mushroom (weird thing to call the posture), float on water with head in water and now trying to learn to propel myself forward using my hands and feet. Coach Vidya also is trying to get us get over our fear for deep waters by making us straight jump into 10 feet water and come up by cycling (I call it kicking because I do seem to kick more than cycle) and try to stay afloat. Fear of water is slowly going away. I guess I'll be really happy when I've actually learnt to swim without breaks and increased stamina considerably to become an amateur swimmer. In the meantime, if I lose inches waist below and lose all those extra kgs I've accumulated over a period of 5 years, all the better. Noticed that I sleep better now. Don't mind the tan. Got a cream to take care ...

Disturbing

Yesterday my daughter 6 had a bad day at school, thanks to 2 incidents that she never expected to happen to her. In the first one, the teacher denied her request to go to the bathroom thrice. She landed up wetting herself and staying in the soiled clothes till she came home. The next incident makes me wonder at the teacher's ability to handle students. I do understand that every teacher is a human being first, and goes through a whole taxing process of handling multiple issues as best possible, trying to balance expectations and delivering the education that needs to reach young minds. So I really do understand why a teacher could snap. Young kids aren't easy to teach. So what's a teacher's reason to whack a kid who is not a troublemaker?