Skip to main content

Too hilarious to forget

It's been a while and a day since I last posted here. I've just come back to work after lunch at home. This morning while I was at work, my mom received a phone call.
Lady on phone: "Does Veena live there?"
Mom: "Yes".
Lady on phone: "Is she married?"
Mom: "Why yes! She's married and has a year and half old son too."
Lady hung up.
Why I find this so amusing is that Mom had this eternal worry when I was single that her daughter would run out of proposals or never get married. After 2 and half years of married life and a son, this feels sooooo good.
I remember mom smile as I type this. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disturbing

Yesterday my daughter 6 had a bad day at school, thanks to 2 incidents that she never expected to happen to her. In the first one, the teacher denied her request to go to the bathroom thrice. She landed up wetting herself and staying in the soiled clothes till she came home. The next incident makes me wonder at the teacher's ability to handle students. I do understand that every teacher is a human being first, and goes through a whole taxing process of handling multiple issues as best possible, trying to balance expectations and delivering the education that needs to reach young minds. So I really do understand why a teacher could snap. Young kids aren't easy to teach. So what's a teacher's reason to whack a kid who is not a troublemaker?

Water babe

Well I'm not a water babe. I love the water but haven't learnt to swim till I signed up for the swimming classes last week. Since then I've learnt to bubble when under water, hold my breath and become a mushroom (weird thing to call the posture), float on water with head in water and now trying to learn to propel myself forward using my hands and feet. Coach Vidya also is trying to get us get over our fear for deep waters by making us straight jump into 10 feet water and come up by cycling (I call it kicking because I do seem to kick more than cycle) and try to stay afloat. Fear of water is slowly going away. I guess I'll be really happy when I've actually learnt to swim without breaks and increased stamina considerably to become an amateur swimmer. In the meantime, if I lose inches waist below and lose all those extra kgs I've accumulated over a period of 5 years, all the better. Noticed that I sleep better now. Don't mind the tan. Got a cream to take care ...